Thursday, 28 September 2017

5 Things I've Learnt About Blogging

Bath products

I've been blogging on and off for almost 2 years now. This year I have tried to take it more seriously and it has been a massive eye opener, good and bad, about what blogging is and how much time and effort goes into it. It isn't as easy as it looks! Here is a few things I've learnt in the short time I've been blogging.

It takes over your life
I don't blog full time and yet it still takes over my life. What I mean by this is no matter where I go or what I do part of me will always think 'this could make a good blog post'. Before I try out a product I refuse to use it until photos have been taken. If I'm staying somewhere I can't relax (or let Joe relax) until all my photos have been taken in case we mess up the room lol. I could be eating out, on holiday or on a day trip and in my mind I am taking mental notes about everything so I can write a post about it later. I'm always saying to people 'have to it's for the blog'. Even Joe has caught the bug and will plan trips for us based on what would be good for a vlog or post!

You can meet the best and worst people
If you are part of the blogging community you will know that blogger drama is a thing and it surprised me how much of it actually happens (usually on twitter I find). But apart from that 1% of people the other 99% are so friendly and helpful. They are encouraging and supportive. I've been to a few blogging events and I have always felt welcomed even if I have shown up alone. I'm also part of a bloggers chat who I am happy to call my friends as I know I can literally talk to them about anything and they are always there. 

It's easy to lose sight of why you started
You might of noticed that I haven't written a blog post in a while. July was the last time I posted. I still do videos but tbh I go writers block. I started to feel stressed and pressured to get everything out on time and this isn't even a job for me it's a hobby! I wasn't enjoying it anymore and I needed some space away from blogging. I even cut down on how much I tweeted on my blogging account. Taking this time off was the best thing for me. I reminded myself that this is just something I do for fun and it's meant to be enjoyable not stressful. 

It's not so bad when 'real people' find your blog
What I mean by real people is people you know. The reason I put off starting a blog and youtube was I was so worried about what people would think when they found it. Would they make fun of it or even worse leave horrible anonymous comments on everything. When I first started I didn't tell anyone I knew then after 6 months I put the link to my blog on my Instagram. I still wasn't telling anyone I just put the link there. After a while I started getting messages from people I knew saying how much they enjoyed my blog and even help them get the confidence to start their own! So far no hate however there's no doubt I'm probably being bitched about in a group chat somewhere lol.

I wish I started sooner
Overall I really enjoy blogging. I've learnt skills that also helps me at work. It's given me the confidence to get out of my comfort zone and start seeing new places, trying new products and eating new food. As I mentioned before I've met some amazing people and my only regret since starting my little blog journey is not doing it sooner.

If you are thinking about starting a blog or a youtube channel honestly go for it. The good out way the bad and when you start you won't be able to stop! 


No comments

Post a Comment

© Jasmine Simone | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig