What you will need (feeds 3 people):
1 pack of frozen sea food (defrosted)
300g of risotto rice (100g per person)
2 shallots (finely chopped)
1 glass of white dry wine
1 1/2 pints of chicken stock (can use vegetable)
1 tablespoon of Olives (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon of capers (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon of parmesan (grated)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Knob of unsalted butter
1. Get a deep frying pan and add the oil and butter until melted on a medium heat.
2. Add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes. Keep stirring.
3. Add the risotto rice and cook for another 2 minutes. Make sure all the rice is covered with the butter/oil.
4. Bring the heat to a high temperature and add the wine. Keep stirring until all the wine has evaporated.
5. Bring the heat back down to a medium heat and add a small amount of the stock to the rice and keep stirring until evaporated. Continue this step until rice is cooked. This usually takes about 20 minutes. Stirring will make it creamy and not stick.
6. Once cooked add the olives and capers to the rice along with the sea food juice in the bag and add any sea food that needs to be cooked like scallops and prawns. Cook until prawns turn pink.
7. Add the parmesan for 1 minute.
8. Add the rest of the sea food until all cooked through.
9. Serve immediately and enjoy.
This makes a really simple dinner if you need to make something quickly. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.