Oh look Jasmine is cooking another pasta dish, when will she ever try to make something new?! Pasta is life ok. It's easy to make, there's like a million different way/sauces you can have with and if I had to live off one type of food for the rest of my life it would be pasta.I was scrolling through facebook and Tasty had put up a new video. If you don't know what tasty is it's a page full with cooking recopies. I love their videos. The are simple to follow and don't drag on with someone talking all the time. They were showing this one pot fajita pasta dish and tbh they had me from 'one pot'. There's nothing I hate more than having to clean a bunch of pots and pans! This dish tasted great however I had to change a few thing in order to make it taste as good as it did.
What you will need (feeds 4/5 people):
3 Tbsp of olive oil
3 Chicken breast (chopped into small bite size pieces)
1 Red bell pepper (sliced)
1 Green bell pepper (sliced)
1 Yellow bell pepper (sliced)
1 Onion chopped small
2 Tsp of salt
2 Tsp of pepper
3 Tbsp of chilli powder
3 Tbsp of cumin
3 Tbsp of garlic powder (fresh garlic would be find too)
5 Cups of milk
4 Cups of penne pasta
Half a block of cheddar cheese
1. Boil water in a pot and start to cook pasta. (Ok, so this is one thing I changed. Technically you are meant to cook the pasta in with the ingredients at a later stage in the same pot but it took way to long. I think the time given in the recipe was for fresh pasta, not packet. By the time the pasta was cooked everything else was over done. So I guess this is a 2 pot dish BUT you add it later sooooo it's still one pot in my eyes. If you are using fresh pasta skip this step and I will tell you when to add the pasta).
2. While pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large pot on a high heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink then remove from pot. Don't worry about the inside of the chicken. We will be adding this back into the pot.
4. Add the bell peppers and onions to the pot and cook until onions are done and translucent.
5. Add the chicken back to the pot along with the salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin and garlic. Mix everything together until it is evenly coated.
6. Add the milk (and pasta if you are using fresh) and stir constantly. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes until the milk has reduced (and pasta has cooked).
7. Add the pasta (if using packet) and cheese and mix until pasta is coated and cheese has melted.
Serve and enjoy!
I cooked the sauce for 10 minutes and it came out pretty thick. I don't mind this but if you like yours runnier then I would say cook for 8.